Cinderella – London Palladium
The fairy god mother of all pantomimes returns to the London Palladium after nearly 30 years away.
It was an absolute pleasure to work in one of the most renowned theatres in the UK if not the world and to be involved in such a massive magical production.
Five months of hard work, sweat and tears saw one of the biggest pantomimes we have ever worked on come to life.
- 40k of crystals individually hand glued by 6 ladies over 6 weeks were for pink velvet front curtains.
- It took 16 set builders 158,000 man hours to build and paint the sets.
- It took 1,600 man hours to design, colour and CAD draw the design ready for building.
- It took 1,000 hours to make the scale set model.
- There is over ten tons of scenery and effects hanging above the stage.
- The sets, costumes and lighting were delivered by ten x 45 ft long articulated lorries to the Stage dock door of the Palladium.
- We used 1,450 sheets of plywood and 2.5 miles of timber to make the sets.
- There is 2,176 square meters of fire retardant canvas to create the sets.
- We used 2,800 litres of paint.